Welcome to Comics on Radar, where I summarize the comics-related items that caught my on the interwebs over the past week. And now…
Comics on Radar: AUG 26, 2017
NOT Movies and TV Dept.
- Chris Neill over at CBR ran a nice piece on Why Marvel Needs its Own Young Animal Line. If you too are a fan of Marvel titles like Vision or Moon Knight, then you’ll enjoy this, and maybe discover some new titles to try out.
- Speaking of new titles, Bleeding Cool points out that November Will Be The First Time Marvel Didn’t Have A New #1 This Century. I guess things could change between now and then but, wow.
- Funko’s been crossing my path a bit lately. First, Randy just posted his Marvel Collector Corps: First Appearance Avengers Unboxing, and then I encountered this article on the 15 Marvel POP!s You Never Knew Funko Made over at CBR. I think the Stealth Spider-Man is my personal favorite.
And now on to the shows…
So evidently Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire’s 3-issue series A.D. After Death got optioned over at Sony. I had no idea, until I saw that Sony’s A.D. AFTER DEATH Finds Director/Writer over at Newsarama.
There’s to timeline set, but this will be the third comic-adaption by the lucky individual who got the job!
Grant Morrison’s TV Premiere Dept.
Newsarama also reports the SyFy channel has announced the HAPPY! Season One Premiere Date. I was momentarily away from comics when this mini came out, so if SyFy feels compelled to tell the tale of an ex-cop who meets an imaginary blue horse named Happy – then I’ll feel compelled to watch this November.
Marvel’s Defenders Aftermath Dept.
Our premiere episode of the Read A Comic Podcast will find us talking Marvel’s Defenders for our Topic of the Week, so I’ve been on the lookout for supplemental material as I research the show:
- For those who’ve seen the series, you may be interested in IGN’s piece on Defenders Easter Eggs, References, and Trivia.
- I mentioned the end of Marvel’s Phase One a few Radar’s ago, and over at Screen Rant, The Defenders Showrunner says ‘All Bets Are Off’ Now For Marvel/Netflix. Translation: endless crossover potential!
- Want to wonder more about what’s next for Marvel and Netflix? CBR has a piece on How Marvel’s Netflix Phase 2 Should Play Out. Some good food for thought!